Toffee Blog

The wonderful world of toffee, chocolate and dessert.

My Photo
Name:

Born and raised in Sydney Australia I grew restless and decided to travel the world. While abroad I spent 3 years on Oahu, Hawaii. Towards the end of my time there I met a girl, fell in love, and married her nine months later. After we settled down in Pleasanton California I found myself unhappy with the work I was doing. One day I made the decision to leave my job and start a candy company. I had no business experience, but I truly believed that I had the best tasting toffee recipe. During those early days I would make toffee out of an eight inch pot, and if I wasn’t making toffee I was selling at farmer’s markets or delivering product to stores. Since starting Shaymee’s back in January 2000 the company has grown to include many fine retailers across the country; Fred Meyer’s, Raley’s and Whole Foods to name a few. Our handmade treats are produced in small batches and made to order for freshness. Currently we are working on expanding our line of products to include handmade truffles and flavored nuts; which many of these new items are kosher and organic certified. Our mission is to provide the finest and most unique all natural Australian treats. Sincerely, Paul

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Macadamia Toffee Chip Cookies



1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup packed light-brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups cake flour (not self-rising)
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
6 Shaymee’s Macadamia Toffee squares (chopped coarsely)

1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped macadamia nuts

Preheat the oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.

In the bowl of an electric mixer fitter with the paddle attachment, combine butter and sugars. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Scrape down sides of the bowl. Add eggs and vanilla extract, and beat to combine.

In a medium bowl, whisk flours, baking soda, and salt until combined. Mix in chopped toffee bits and macadamia nuts. Blend well with wet ingredients.

Scoop dough onto prepared baking sheets using a 1/2-ounce ice-cream scoop, placing them about 2 inches apart. Flatten cookies slightly with the palm of your hand.

Bake until golden and just set, rotating the sheets between the oven racks halfway through to ensure even browning, about 15 minutes.

Transfer the sheets to a wire rack to cool, about 5 minutes. Transfer cookies from sheet to rack to cool completely. Store in an

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home